Then you need to read this with an open mind and tell me sincerely how this facts could be called Witch-hunt
1. Was N4 billion agriculture loan granted by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN)?
2. are the permanent secretaries of the state ministries of Agriculture and Commerce and Industry members of the PDP?
3. The memos they submitted to the commission not signed and approved by the former Governor?
4 The former Commissioner for Agriculture, submitted memorandum ,on January 25, 2015,to Amaechi and he approved the disbursement of N3 billion CBN loan to farmers as grants in contravention of the CBN guidelines, which specified that the loan was meant for development of agriculture in the state…….
5. Was the said fund not disbursed to the former council chairmen?
Let me give you a breakdown of how the money was shared…
1. Asari Toru Cooperative Society, which had former Asari Toru Council chairman, Mr Flag Ojukaye Amachree, as its president was given N54,850,000 as grant.
2. Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni Local Government Area, Augustine Ahiamadu, on behalf of Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni cooperatives, received N64,300,000.
3.The Port Harcourt Cooperative Society, under former Port Harcourt City Local Government chairman, Nnamdi Uche, , received N134,625,000,
4. Omuda Integrated Fishing Cooperatives, whose president was the then chairman of Ogu/Bolo, Mr. Mina Tende, received N32,175,000.
5. Former chairman of Khana Local Government Area, Mr Derick Mene, received N70,373,000 on behalf of Meni Cooperative Society.
6. Former Chairman Ahoada East Local Government Area, Mr. Cassidy Ikegbidi, got N39,325,000 on behalf of Ahoada cooperative society.
Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Agriculture, Mrs. Tari Okoye, said she did not visit any of the beneficiaries to ascertain if the funds were deployed for the purpose and intent of the scheme.
She said her failure to visit the beneficiaries was because the former Commissioner for Agriculture had authorized a committee, presided over by a director in the ministry, Mr. Grant Amadi, to oversee the disbursement, adding that the remaining N1 billion was meant for fish farms in Ubima, Andoni and Opobo.
Amadi, who is the Director of Planning, Research and Statistics in the ministry and also served as the chairman of the Agriculture Credit Committee, also appeared before the panel and admitted that he did not visit the farms
Amadi said the committee had no terms of reference and all decisions of those who benefitted from the disbursement were taken by the former commissioner.
According to him, the former commissioner merely sent him the list of beneficiaries with the specific directive to instruct the banks to pay expeditiously to the benefiting cooperative societies.
He told the audience that no due diligence was carried out to ascertain those behind the cooperatives, claiming that he was hearing for the first time that the key beneficiaries of the grants were top politicians.
Asked if he ever made any attempt to verify if the grants were used for the purpose for which they were released, Amadi noted that he was directed not to venture into such endeavor.
He added that even if he had wanted to do so, the state Ministry of Agriculture had no functional vehicle under former Governor Rotimi Amaechi to carry out monitoring.
Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Mrs. Cordelia Peterside, revealed that 38 out of the 380 cooperatives did not have any form of documentation with her ministry!!!!!
This are facts that came out from the Judicial Panel today…….what we want to know if they are true or not!!!!.